Anatomy of the foot
In this post I’ll examine human foot anatomy and physiology. Look at these items to review some information about the human beings feet. Here I will discuss 10 main points that you must know of the anatomy of the human foot:
The foot has 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 or 20 muscles. The total number of muscles varies according to if you think about the extensor hallucis brevis a personal muscle or otherwise not.
- The various components of the human beings feet could be categorized into three groups; the forefoot, the mid foot and also the hind-foot.
- The toes as well as long bones are a part of the forefoot.
- The heel bone and ankle creates the hind-foot.
- The mid-foot has 5 bones, these are 3 cuneiform bones, the cuboid and the navicular bone.
- The biggest muscles in the foot are the anterior tibial, posterior tibial, peroneal tibial, the extensors and the flexors.
- The Achilles tendon is the strongest and biggest tendon in the foot.
- The largest bone in the foot is the calcaneus, also known as the heel bone.
- The total amount of sweat glands in each foot is around 125.000.
This is probably not much of a key point when it comes to human foot anatomy, but the adult males average foot length approximately 26,3 centimeters or 10,35 inches, while adults females average foot length approximately 24 centimeters or 9,45 inches.
In this website I have provided an instant list of some of the main points of the human foot anatomy.